|One of the Speakers develivering his speech|
This is a special report on gender issues when Mozambican National Gender Coordinator had a meeting with a purpose to sensitive people on how best they can handle marriage issues that can help to reduce the divorcing rate in the city as compared to the same in the villages.
This is how Mrs Elizio Fernando explained the whole advocacy to the National of Mozambique on 13 January 2021 in Zambezia Province.
Many people have different views on this topic and I brought to you a brief summary of the reasons why most marriages in town do not last long.
As everyone know about town life below are some of major reasons for divorcing:
1. Many people do not believe in themselves.
* You tell your family problems to the friends and neighbors than village people who believe that marriage is Indurance.
2. Lack of patience.
*Most women copy life of the public into their families.
* When the neighbors but chicken they want the same. Bought new Chitenje/Kitenge they want it too.
* The husband has no money then conflicts begin.
3. Taking for guaranteed on marriage status.
* My husband is younger than me then no respect at all and you him you you you anywhere even in the presence of children then the man gets tired.
*Maybe the Man/Woman is cool you take it as a weakness and you start abusing each other like e.g. woman telling husband to clean plates, wash clothes, cook food whilst you are on WhatsApp.
4. Failing to fit in is another reason.
*Husband is not working and woman providing everything and then the wife turns to be a husband in the house.
Forgetting that everyone has his responsibility in the house. If you married unemployed guy it was your choice. Remember there is no job issues in the village.
5. Lack of transparency in the family.
* Man gets 100K and tells the wife that he gets 10K. This is a big problem then once it’s discovered the marriage is over.
*You want your wife to be dressing in a certain way but you don’t provide the clothes end result you get another girl and once the wife discovers that affair you are doomed. Then you don’t accept the wrong doing and challenges then divorce whilst in the village then accept mistakes and set apologies.
*Wife or husband building a house or a certain project in their village without telling each other. This is war once one discovers it. You are all on fire and later divorce whilst in the village once you build one house it’s over forever.
6. Lies from Relatives within the house.
*You stay with relatives from husband/wife side .
Finally she ephasized that divorce is not a final resolution to challenges wenface in our families. There are better ways like seeking advise from the elderly in the same area, going to District Social welfare offices, police Stations and even to Church Councils.
*When you hear lies/stories you run into judgement/conclusions, this is bad please sit down and call your loved one and hear the whole issue together and establish whether it’s True or not.