Table of content
- Duck walk exercise
- How to do duck walk exercise
- Benefits of duck walk exercise
1. DUCK WALK EXERCISE
Before discussing the benefits of duck walk exercise, let’s explain or Duck walk exercise. It is a physical exercise focused on firming the lower abdomen, quads, glutes, calves, buttocks, and thighs by increasing the muscle mass through the contraction that goes on in the muscle during the exercise, making the muscles firm and tight.
Some people are confused as to which exercise is duck walk. Well, here is the answer if you know squatting exercise very well. At the same time, in the latter, you take a squatting position in duck walk, you take a squat and then walk flatly footed without lifting the heels. one unique thing about this exercise is that it is straightforward to learn, but in practice, it’s demands strength and endurance to enjoy the benefits of duck walk exercise. Before engaging in duck walk exercise, we ought to know the dos and don’ts for a safe and injury-free exercise.
2. HOW TO DO A DUCK WALK EXERCISE
- Take a good standing position: this helps you relax your nerves and focus.
- Squat down: To achieve this, You bend the kneel to lower your hips and butts to suggest a sitting position. The kneel should be at a level of about 90degree.as a newbie, you can take a bit elevated position of the squatting till your flexibility level increases. Also, considering the positioning of the knees, if you have a severe knees problem, you should reconsider engaging in this exercise.
- Keep your spine straight as much as possible to avoid pains within the upper hips region.
- Keep the hips and knees the same distance from the floor.
- Stretch out your arms forward.
- Keep your chest up for the proper benefit of the duck walk exercise
- Keep your neck straight and in a relaxed position.
- Keep your abs tightened and firm.
- Step forward with your right foot and then the left foot. You continue this way and take about ten steps and then backward simultaneously.
3. BENEFITS OF DUCK WALK EXERCISE
- Weight loss: The contraction of muscle during the duck walk exercise in the abdominal region helps to reduce the abdominal size or achieve what will call a flat belly. Also, the movement involves the whole body, which keeps it locomotive, leading to general bodyweight loss.
- Improved body stamina: During the duck walk exercise, the leg carries the bodyweight, which leads to solid leg muscles, and it also reduces scar tissue in the calf to keep it firm and further build strong ankle muscles. As part of cardio exercise, it enables your heartbeat to be fast, which leads to increased oxygen supply and an energized body system.
- The flexibility of the muscles: Through the constant contraction of the muscles, the muscles become flexible, making them less susceptible to incur injury. Also, due to the muscle tension that occurs in the lower part of the body, duck walking helps develop skills, improve the movement of the hips, and reduce back pain occurrence to achieve a better body balance and other benefits of duck walk
- Recommended for pregnant women: It tones and strengthens the thigh muscles, making them firm and reducing pains during delivery. Also, it serves as a Kegel exercise (for pelvic floor muscle), which makes the pelvic muscle tighter and firm to carry a pregnancy.
- Tight hips flexors: It tightens the hip flexors, which are the muscles that connect the legs to the trunk, and they are responsible for walking and lifting the legs.
- Enlargement of the butts: It is among the benefits of duck walk exercise Except for beautification, this exercise enlarges the gluteus maximus, which is the muscles you to squat and lift objects, and the larger the muscles, the bigger the butts.
The duck walking exercise is an excellent workout for building the lower body muscles. A routine practice will make your body flexible and your muscles firm and tighter, which will reduce injury and enhance other benefits of duck walk exercise.